Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Show me the money!

So a few years back (or less maybe), my accountant sent out her normal annual letter of happenings, updates, and accounting information. This time she included a note advising her clients to check out the PA Treasury online to see if you had any unclaimed funds...so I did and low and behold, I was owed over $350 from a company I apparently overpaid at some point. Oh what a nice surprise that was! Take the feeling of finding a $20 bill in your jeans or winter jacket, multiply it by 12 and that's how happy I was.

At some point, I saw my Dad had some unclaimed funds. So I printed his information out and thought, gee why not let everyone know about this because who couldn't use some extra money that's owed to them anyway??? So I'm showing you (if you have any unclaimed funds) the money.

Here's the link for Pennsylvania....
http://www.patreasury.org/Unclaimed/Search.html

Here's the link for the U.S...
http://www.missingmoney.com/

It's good to check every so often. Seems updates often occur around tax time when these kind of things need to be reported. (I just found another unclaimed fund for me. And yes, it's REALLY mine!) It's also nice to see how companies don't send you your money even when they have your correct address. Oh well...happy claiming!

1 comment:

AC said...

I've actually checked it out and realized there was a check for about $200 waiting for me from about 10 years back when I worked at a movie theater and forgot to pick up a week's worth of wages! I still check it out from time to time but unfortunately, I haven't found anything since then.

Thanks for your comment that you left. It is nice to get to know you and your story a little bit. I look forward to hearing/reading more.