Friday, November 14, 2008

Today I will...

My five-minute blog of the day...

Life will never be perfect. And just because the country is falling apart doesn't mean I have to be (at least not yet anyhow). Lately, there's been a slight cultural shift/awakening in my organization of which I'm proud to be a part of. While I didn't officially start the fire, my mantra has received some recognition, and I've found that it means something to others besides me. I've been honored to have friends stop at my desk to copy it and keep for themselves or send to others. So hopefully sharing it with the world doesn't lessen its value, but rather increases it, because let's face it - we all need a gentle reminder of a healthy perspective once in a while.

Here's my daily verse (a combination of some of my core fundamental values)...

Today - I will:

1.) Remember all the things I should be thankful for
2.) Put things in perspective and remember the Four Agreements (these and the ones from the book the Four Agreements)
3.) Positively visualize the things I want to happen
4.) Be patient and kind in all the things I do and say

Of course I could make it more robust, but that's enough to get me back in a healthy state of mind when I'm off track. (Along with my other expert rationalizer phrases of - no one is dying on the operating table, it won't matter a year from now, it's only one hour out of my life, etc.

Feel free to use it, abuse it, or ignore it if you so choose. If you try it and don't buy it, you can always go back to what you were doing before, because there is little value in something you don't believe in. All I know is it works for me and the friends that use it.

So here's me...signing off....wishing any and all of you the good things in life that aren't even things. :)

No comments: